This autumn we’ve been banishing bland days and bringing you some festival cheer with our virtual autumn festival #MacbFest! You’d have been conkers to miss it, but in case you have we’ve rounded-up all the fun into this handy recap.
Firstly, we partnered up with the Drinks Co to give your autumn some punch with a tantalising selection of bursting with flavour mocktails! Why not trick or treat yourself to a Strawberry Shirley, Berrylicious or Peach on Macb Beach?
To make them you’ll need a blender and the following ingredients:
20ml strawberry puree
Handful of strawberries
200ml Macb Strawberry and Kiwi
Method: Blend with ice, serve and enjoy!
200ml cranberry juice
Handful frozen raspberries
200ml Macb Cranberry and Raspberry
Method: Blend and serve!
Peach on Macb Beach
200ml passion fruit juice
20ml passion fruit puree
200ml Macb Peach
Method: Shake and serve!
For our next event, we teamed-up with Alice Dickson for an eerie make-up tutorial that will transform you into a true scream queen! Get spooky by following these steps:
- Start out by outlining the area where you want to draw the skull with a lip liner and then go in with the black and fill in the outline properly.
- Go in with colour first before blending the black in. Start off with eyes, put in pink and blend it out to make it softer.
- Buff out the edges so you’ve got no harsh lines and everything fades out softly.
- Take the second colour, blue, and start to fill in the other areas and blend them out.
- Fill out the same shapes with the orange.
- Use orange on your mouth to start the skeleton teeth.
- Once you’ve got the colours down you can start defining. Outline the colours with black paint and blend them out so there’s no harsh edges. Make sure when you’re blending to use lots of tiny motions so the black doesn’t go down too far.
- Now you’ve got the general shape you can add in the detail and make it more glam. Start with going in and doing the eyeliner and then your brows.
- Move on to more shading.
- Add water droplets to your neck so they run down.
Lastly we have been creepin’ it real with a wicked witch balloon tutorial from My Little Events Co.
Unleash your inner balloon-wrangling demon with the following steps.
All you need is:
Pretty Pumpkin :
1 x Hand Balloon Pump , 1 x 11inch Balloon ( your choice of colour, we used baby pink ) , 3 x 260 modelling balloons ( same colour as 11inch balloon) , 1 x 160 green modelling balloon
Wicked Witches Broom:
1 x Hand Balloon Pump, 3 x 260 modelling balloons ( base of brush, we used nude ) , 1 x 260 gold modelling balloon ( handle of brush ) , 2 x 160 modelling balloons ( detail around base of brush, I used rose pink )
1) Inflate the 11 inch baby pink balloon.
2) Tie the three 260 modelling balloons round the inflated 11 inch balloon.
3) Blow up the 160 green modelling balloon and tie it up into a bow then fasten it on top of the pumpkin.
Wicked Witches Broom
- To start creating the base of the brush inflate three nude 260 modelling balloons, twist them together at the centre, then twist them together at the centre again.
- Tie a pink 160 modelling balloon around the base of the brush
- Inflate one 260 gold modelling balloon
- Tie it to the top of your brush.
- Tie a second 160 pink modelling balloon to the top of the brush.
We hope #MacbFest has put some fun into your autumn and maybe encouraged you to branch out and try something new! Keep your eyes peeled for our next activities!